Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where is it?


Wednesday is a day that gets lost in the middle somewhere. Nothing too impressive about it. Especially 2:30 on Wednesday afternoon. Nevertheless, there are always lessons to be learned. Even at 2:30 on a Wednesday.

A wise man once said, "God's work done in God's way never lacks any of God's supplies."

A threefold test to help us make decisions. At least, it helps me.

God's work... God's way... God's supplies.

In (whatever) this situation (is), am I doing God's work or my work? Is it about bringing the Kingdom honor and the King glory? Or about bring myself something: praise, recognition, comfort, my own way? Is it about what He wants, or what I want?

Am I thinking, acting, praying, serving coffee, loving, rejoicing, believing, sweeping floors, walking, correcting, lifting up, smiling and studying in a way that glorifies my Adonai? If I determine that (whatever) this (is) is God's work, am I doing His work as He would? But what if I don't have (fill in the blank)? Aha. Part three!

God provides. That's the essence of it. He may not provide WHAT we think we need WHEN we think we need it. But He always provides. People, God is a creative God! After all, He formed everything out of nothing! That's pretty much the dictionary definition of creativity. When we have a need, we get so focused on what we think would fill that need that sometimes we can't even see divine provision when it's staring us in the face.

So here's some ideas:
a.)Learn to LOOK in unexpected places for unconventional, unorthodox provision.
b.)Learn to EXPECT God to provide.
c.)Learn to THANK God for His creative provisions.

Not too bad, eh? For a Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment