Sunday, October 9, 2011

Do I?


I hear this song by Kari Jobe this morning and it made me think...

Your kindness leads me to repentance
Your goodness draws me to Your side
Your mercy calls me to be like You
Your favor is my delight
Everyday I've awaken my praise and poured out a song from
my heart
You are good, You are good
You are good and Your mercy is forever...

Does the knowledge His ever faithful kindness towards me lead me to my knees in repentance?
Does the experience of His ever present goodness draw me like a magnet to Him?
Does His mercy to me cause me show that mercy to others around me?
Is His favor like food and water to my soul... essential for life not just an added bonus?
Do I have a song to pour out of my heart to Him? Or do I have to think up things to say?

What effect does the character of God have on my life? Any at all? Or do I simply know that's how He is and then go my merry way? Do I stare into the depths of Him long enough to realize what I'm seeing? And when I come away, am I different because of what I saw? Do I want to be different?

Yes. I want to be shaken up, broken down, terrified, loved, chastised, made new, instructed, lifted up, and amazed when I have an encounter with the Holy and Living God. I want to bleed with the effort of changing to be like Him. Like a runner increasing his lung capacity, I want to increase my need for Him. Like a dolphin needs water to survive, I want to need Him for my very existence.

As the deer pants for water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God...

No comments:

Post a Comment